Episode 21 A Big Fish in a Little Pond ACT I

小池塘里的大鱼 第一幕

Watch the video then answer the question:

I really like this one Susan. Do you? Susan,我真的很喜欢这一件,你呢? 

Turn around, Michelle. Let me see the back of it. 转过去一下 Michelle。让我看看它的背面。 

I like it a lot. It fits well. 我非常喜欢。它很合身。 

It doesn't need any alterations. We must've bought the right size. 不需作任何修改。我们一定是买对了尺寸。 

I like the color. She looks good in blue. 我喜欢这颜色。她穿蓝色的很好看。 

I like blue, too, Daddy. 我也喜欢蓝色的,爸爸。 

Try on the skirt and blouse outfit, Michelle-- 试试上衣和裙子的那一套吧,Michelle---- 

the one that Daddy wanted you to wear. 爸爸要你穿的那一套。 

OK. 好的。 

Michelle has been a different kid since we've been married. 自从我们结婚之后,Michelle变成另一个人了。 

She's never been happier. 她从来没有像现在这样快乐过。 

And I've never been happier, Harry. 我也从来没有这样快乐过,Harry。 

I love her very much. She's been a joy. 我很爱她。她是个讨人喜欢的孩子。 

We're very lucky, the three of us ... 我们非常幸运,我们三个… 

and becoming part of the Stewart family, too. 而且成为Stewart家庭的一份子。 

We couldn't ask for anything more, could we? 我们再没什么可求的了,对吗?

Well ... 嗯…… 

Well ...? Could we ask for anything more? 嗯……?我们还有什么可求的? 

Well ... we ... 嗯……我们…… 

How do you like it, Daddy? 你觉得怎样,爸爸? 

It's my favorite outfit. 这是我喜欢的那一套。 

It's good for every day. It will be good for school, Michelle. 这套衣服每天都可以穿。它适合上学时穿,Michelle 。

I like it, too. I always like skirts that go like this. 我也喜欢它。我一直喜欢像这样飘动的裙子。 

Do you want to see the winter jacket on me, Susan? 想看看我穿上冬季的夹克怎样吗,Susan? 

Yes, I do. Change back into your jeans, 是的,我想看看。换回你的牛仔, 

and put on the new winter jacket we bought today. 也把我们今天买的冬季夹克穿上。 

OK. 好的。 

What did you mean by "well ...?" 你说“嗯……”的意思是什么? 

You had something on your mind 你显然有话要说

when I said we couldn't ask for anything more. 在我说我们再没什么可求的了的时候。 

Is everything all right? 一切都好吗? 

Everything is fine, Michelle. 一切都好,Michelle。 

Let's take a look at the winter jacket. Come on over here, honey. 让我们看看冬季夹克。到这儿来,亲爱的。 

It's kind of warm. 它很暖和。 

It is. That's why we bought it for you. 是的。这就是我们买给你的原因。 

This will be a perfect jacket for the wintertime 这一件夹克就很适合 

when it's very cold out. 冬天外面很冷的时候。 

But it's kind of small also. We must've bought the wrong size. 但它也有点小了。我们一定买错了尺寸。 

Looks like we should've bought a bigger one. 看来我们应该买一件大些的。

I guess we'll have to exchange it, too. 我想我们还得去换一件。 

I'm sure the store has others. 我相信那家店一定还有其它的尺寸。 

I look silly! It is too small! 我看来很滑稽!它太小!

You're growing so fast, Michelle. 你长得太快了,Michelle。 

Can I take it off? I'm hot! 我可以脱掉吗?我好热! 

Sure. Put it back in your room, and we'll hang everything up later. 当然。将它放回你的房间,过一会儿我们来一件件收起来。 

Well, are you going to tell me what's on your mind, Harry? 好了,你要不要告诉我你在想什么, Harry? 

I have been offered a job with a major accounting company 有一家大会计公司提供我一个工作 

in Los Angeles. 在Los Angeles。  

Los Angeles? That's a big decision. Los Angeles 这可是个大决定。 

I know. It will also affect you and your job, if we decide to go. 我知道。假如我们决定去的话,也会影响到你和你的工作。 

Wow! It sure will. But first tell me about the job, Harry. 喔!当然会。但首先告诉我是什么样的工作,Harry? 

If it's a good one, then we'll make it work for us. 假如它是个好工作,我们就顺水推舟。 

I have a client in the garment business, on Seventh Avenue. 我有个客户在Seventh Avenue从事成衣生意。 

I do his taxes every year. 我每年为他处理税务。 

He has a big sales office in Los Angeles, 他在Los Angeles有一个大的销售办事处, 

and the company in Los Angeles 而在Los Angeles 

that does his major accounting work 承办他主要会计工作的那家公司 

is looking for an executive. And he recommended me. 正在物色一位主管。他推荐了我。 

That's wonderful, Harry. 那太棒了,Harry。 

Yes, but it would mean that we'd have to move to L.A. 是的。但这意味着我们必须搬到Los Angeles?

What about the salary? 薪水怎么样? 

The real discussion comes tomorrow. 明天才会正式商谈。 

Susan, I don't plan to make any decisions Susan,我不打算做决定, 

until I have a chance to talk with you about it. 除非我有机会跟你谈过。 

I understand, Harry. 我了解,Harry。 

And I don't have to make a quick decision. 而且我也不需要很快下决定。 

They know that I'm married and that I have a family. 他们知道我结婚了,有一个家。 

Well, there's a lot to think about. 噢,有许多事需要考虑。 

If it's a good job, 假如它是个好工作。 

then I've got to do some thinking about 那么我就必须考虑考虑 

my career opportunities in Los Angeles. 我在Los Angeles的事业机会。 

Is everything OK? 一切都好吗? 

Yes, honey. 是的,亲爱的。

单词列表

0