Episode 23 The Community Center ACT III

社区中心 第三幕

Hi, everyone. Sorry I'm late. 嗨,各位好。很抱歉我迟到了。

But Alexandra and I 但Alexandra和我

have been busy at work this morning 一早上都在忙事情

on the community-center project. 为社区中心的计划。

And we brought someone along who can help. 而且我们带来一些可以帮助我们的人。

You remember Charles Maxwell, Grandpa? 你记得Charles Maxwell吗, 爷爷?

He's the editor of the Riverdale paper. 他是Riverdale报的编辑。

He wrote some nice articles on Mom 他写了一些介绍妈妈的好文章

when she was running for the school board. 在妈妈竞选校联合会董事席位时。

Yes, I remember. You were a great help. 是的,我记得。你帮了个大忙。

Hi, Mr. Stewart. 嗨, Stewart先生。

Hope to be a bigger help on the new community-center project. 希望能在新社区计划这件事上提供更大的帮助。

From what Robbie and Alexandra have told me, 从Robbie和Alexandra告诉我的情况看来,

you people are making one big story. 你们正在制造一件大新闻。

Let me introduce you, Mr. Maxwell. 让我给你介绍一下,Maxwell先生。

This is Nat Baker, 这是Nat Baker,

who's responsible for this meeting, 他是这个会议的负责人,

and this is Joanne Thompson--and Abe Lucas, 这是Joanne Thompson----还有Abe Lucas,

who used to run the drugstore in town. 他过去在镇上经营药房。

Robbie and Alexandra told me Robbie和Alexandra告诉我

what you need to fix up the old library. 你们修复旧图书馆所需要的东西。

I am planning to write an editorial that I think will help you. 我计划写一篇报道我认为应该能帮助你们。

Let's go. What are your questions? 我就进行吧。你们有哪些问题?

OK. Now, I have ... first ... a couple of questions here. 好,现在, 我有……第一……几个问题。

Have you talked to the community council? 你们跟社区的议会谈过了吗?

And have you had an engineer come in to do an inspection? 你们可有一个工程师来做过检查吗?

OK, what do you need most of all? 好,你们最需要的是什么?

People power. 人力。

Men and women, young and old, to give us their time. 不管男女老幼,请他们贡献时间。

To do what? 做什么呢?

To help scrub the building interior clean. 帮忙把建筑的内部擦洗干净。

So that we can repaint it. 好让我们可以粉刷。

And you also need bodies to do repainting? 你们也需要人来重新粉刷吗?

That's right. 是的。

And we'll also need some ladders 而且我们还需要一些梯子

and some brushes and some paint. 刷子和油漆。

When do you need the volunteers, 你们什么时候需要义工,

and where do they report? 他们去哪儿报到?

I've got the council to agree 我已说服议会

to open the building for us on the next four weekends. 在往后四个周开放那座建筑。

How about furnishings? 家具摆设怎么办?

Are there any special requirements that I should list in the paper?有什么特别的要求要我列在报纸上的?

Yes. 是的。

Here is a copy of all the things we need to start with. 这是我们一开始需要的所有东西的清单。

Let's see. Four desks. 我来看看。四张桌子。

Eight straight-back chairs. Thirty folding chairs. 八张直背椅。三十张折椅。

Six table lamps. Three end tables. One piano. 六盏灯。三张茶几。一架钢琴。

This is a good start. 这是一个好的开始。

These items shouldn't be difficult to come by 这些东西应该是不难弄到的

once I print the article in the paper. 等我将这篇文张刊登在报纸上。

This community has always been very generous. 这个社区一向是非常慷慨的。

I agree, Mr. Maxwell. 我有同感, Maxwell先生。

What you're saying is, in order for this center to succeed, 你刚才所说的是为了使中心能成功,

we need to put together volunteers 我们需要募集志愿者

from the various generations of future users. 从不同辈份的使用者中。

That's right. 是的。

And without their energy and stamina, 没有他们的体力和耐力,

there's no way we can complete this project. 我们无法完成这项计划。

I've got it. Now give me some information about 我知道了。现在告诉我

how you see the building being used. 你们计划如何使用这栋建筑。

Oh, here. On the ground floor we have the reception area ... 噢,看这个。在底层我们会有一个接待区……

It's here, Robbie. 就在这,Robbie。

Charles Maxwell lived up to his word. Charles Maxwell 兑现了他的诺言。

"At the Stewart family home on Linden Street yesterday, “昨天在Linden街Stewart的家中,

a group of caring Riverdale citizens gathered 一群热心公益活动的Riverdale的居民聚集在一起

to plan the refurbishing of the old library 计划重新整修旧图书馆

to transform it into a new community center. 将它转变成一个新的社区中心。

The original plan by the council 议会原有的计划

was tabled because of lack of funds. 因为缺乏经费而无限期地搁置。

The new plan needs you. 这项新计划需要你的协助。

You could call it a community unity plan. 你可以称它为社区团结计划。

It needs your time, and it needs your energy. 它需要你的时间,需要你的力气。

And it needs your contributions of furniture, 而且也需要贡献你的家具,

paint, brushes, ladders, lamps, et cetera. 油漆,刷子,梯子,灯等等。

A list of these items and a volunteer form 这些物品的清单和义工申请表格

can be picked up at the Riverdale Press offices. 可以到Riverdale Press各办事处索取。

By working together, 透过共同工作,

this community can do anything to benefit its citizens, 这个社区可做任何造福居民的事情,

and we know you will all work together 我们相信各位会共同出力

towards refurbishing the old library 去重新整修老图书馆

and making it a new community center. 使它成为一个新的社区中心。

Charles Maxwell, Editor." 编辑,Charles Maxwell。”

Episode 23 The Community Center ACT II

单词列表

0